- An explosive Group 3 winning blue-blood with everything to offer to broodmare owners at a very special price.
- Precocious colt with natural 2yo ability. Returning as a 3yo after an enforced twelve month break he did only what exceptional horses can do - rising from a six length victory in a maiden to Group winning company within three undefeated starts.
- In what was to prove to be a noteworthy rendition of the time honoured ATC Carbine Club Stakes he vanquished the more seasoned campaigners and Group 1 performers Divorces (2nd), Shadows in the Sun (3rd) and Happy Trails (4th).
- Needs Further was fast, faster than world champion sprinter Black Caviar. On the day Needs Further won the Carbine Club over 1600m at Randwick, he was timed to run his last 200m (11.93 secs) faster than Black Caviar did when running from behind to defeat Hay List in the Group 1 TJ Smith Stakes over the 1200m.
- Son of twice Champion Australian Sire Encosta De Lago – “an emerging sire of sires”. Sire of the ill-fated 2012-2013 record breaking Champion Australian First Crop Sire Northern Meteor.
- From a family of speed. Out of Crowned Glory, a Group 3 winning 2yo and the Golden Slipper runner up to the multiple Group 1 winning Bel Du Jour, with Champion Australian 2yo and 3yo Assertive Lad in third placing.
- Needs Further is a half brother to Hallowed Crown (by Street Sense), winner of the 2014 $1 million Group 1 ATC Golden Rose Stakes (1400m).
- Just as with two of the world’s greatest young stallion prospects Frankel and Sepoy, Needs Further’s dam is by the all-conquering Danehill.
- His grand-dam Significant Moment is by the three times Champion Australian Sire and influential sprinting stallion Bletchingly.
- She is a half-sister to all-time great Zabeel – a record breaking fourteen times Champion NZ Stallion (Australian & NZ combined earnings).
- Needs Further joins Gooree Stud’s long list of bred, raced and retained stallions standing at stud which includes Northern Meteor, Your Song and Smart Missile.
- A 16.1 hand high stallion with great bone, scope and strength, plus a wonderful temperament.
- Compare his $3,300 fee with other young stallions with similar credentials to Needs Further and we think you’ll agree there is no better value available in Australia.
- Performance – Pedigree – Physique – Potential – Price.
NEEDS FURTHER looks a progressive sort and he ran home quicker than BLACK CAVIAR with a final 200m in 11.93.ANZ bloodstock
NEEDS FURTHER was a quality colt from day one. He was a natural talent that found galloping easy.Gai Waterhouse
He's a very exciting horse in the making. You don't go through your grades from winning a maiden to midweek and then to a group race if you're not a good horse.Gai Waterhouse
This is a really serious horse.Nash Rawiller
This is a very good horse in the making. You'll certainly see him over the carnival and you'll certainly see some wins from him. He's got a lovely cruising speed and a great turn of foot.Gai Waterhouse
We think he is one of our [the Waterhouse stable's] top two-year-olds. He has just improved with every gallop.Blake Shinn
It took 2yo Group 1 winner Skilled to beat him on debut at two, at three he won the Group 3 Carbine Club, and this season he was to be my Doncaster Handicap horse. That's how highly I rate his ability as a racehorse.Gai Waterhouse
$20,000.00 Needs Further Breeders Bonus
$10,000 will be paid to the breeder of NEEDS FURTHER’S first METROPOLITAN race winner *
$10,000 will be paid to the breeder of NEEDS FURTHER’S first STAKES winner*
Armidale Stud proprietor David Whishaw comments, “The owners of NEEDS FURTHER want to reward those breeders who support him with some incentives. These bonuses are a tantalising incentive for local breeders to leave their mares here in Tasmania, as well as making it worthwhile for interstate breeders to send their mares to NEEDS FURTHER, especially when they consider we have him priced at a fee of just $3,300. We've had a bit of a look around at what other new stallions are going to stud for in Australia this season and we feel, for a stallion with his breeding and racetrack ability, he has to be the best value for money stallion of 2013."